Friday, January 20, 2012

The Birth of a Community


Long before the first Indonesian rFactor dedicated server was born, there had been some raging battles on Hamachi.




After I missed a slot in an Endurance Series championship, I invited my Kaskus and Facebook friends-most of them were F1C players-to join F1MANIAINDONESIA network on Hamachi. Well, we realized that we didn't really need Hamachi but at least that network did attract some players, just so we knew that we actually had some active rFactor online players from Indonesia.


















My first compatriot I met there was baim. We used several mods, and we decided to use default setup together. He didn't really have a good connection, there were times he just disappeared. When we did make the race, hilarity ensued. I was all "ngakak-ngakak" in the middle of our duels.







One night, I was just messing around on Hamachi until a random guy joined my network. His rFactor name was "Ariel". We agreed to drive around using default to minimize disparity. The race itself was quite fun, so we continued racing in Jiading.







Sometimes it lagged, but fortunately it didn't ruin the whole experience. It's always fun to race people with the same setup. We chatted a lil bit there, until we met again on Facebook. That guy I raced was no other than the man who has given many Indonesian simracers a lot of joy and stories to tell.


indo webhost kreasi Pictures, Images and Photos



All good things have to come to an end. Nevertheless, I believe the community will grow much better without my presence now.

To those who are still able to race... Don't stop racing!